How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33512
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a non custodial parent in litigation parenting time and

Customer Question

I am a non custodial parent in litigation for joint parenting time and decision making.
My daughter was allegedly sexually assaulted at school while in the care of my former spouse. My daughter was taken to the ER and doctors indicated suspected childhood sexual abuse.
According to hospital records, my former spouse fled the hospital before testing/treatment was completed, taking my daughter with her. A few days later she took my daughter to a different hospital and did not report the incident of sexual assault and did not link vaginal complications/symptoms with sexual assault the doctor at the second hospital, more directly, my ex stated that my daughter was experiencing vaginal pains due to antibiotics.
My question is whether it is illegal (federally, or in Arizona) to intentionally lie (or otherwise mislead) to a doctor about a child's medical history, or the history of the present illness, especially in cases involving childhood sexual abuse.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

It is not "illegal" in and of itself. However, if true, it is grounds for an allegation of abuse or neglect which could be grounds to modify provisions in the parenting plan regarding custody and decision making for the child's welfare.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?