How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im searching mediation template in a custody dispute, The

Customer Question

im searching for a mediation template in a custody dispute
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: The child lives in NJ, I live in MD.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: There is no custody order to date. However I suspect the child is being abused/neglected and his medical needs are not being addressed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean "a mediation template"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was reading that in order to start the court process, they would order us to mediation. However to jumpstart that process, I'm willing to find one myself and at least attempt it in good faith.
But, I wanted to word it correctly.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

A mediation is when the parties sit down with a "trained mediator" which is just a third party who has been trained in how to help people settle cases. There is not really a template you use and no way for you to "jumpstart the case". You can try and settle it, but that won't take the place of a mediation and there's no template for it.

The mediator will send you some forms but those vary by mediator and all it will do is give you their rules as to what they expect and then they will ask you to send them a paragraph describing the case and what you want to achieve in the case but, again, there is not a template for that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has withheld visitation from me for a year. I've even driven to NJ to see him and she has refused me even an hour. Now, she claims he has multiple cognitive delays but won't allow me to seek an independent eval nor disclose her "own" address. When I speak to my son he seems scared and cautious to speak with me (as if he is being watched).
All I want is the opportunity to lay eyes on him and have him professionally evaluated for signs of abuse (my wife is a psychologist but we know it is unethical for her to evaluate)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I'm at work, and cant be seen the phone. I thought it would be easier to chat.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

That's okay. You can pick up later today when it is easier to see. I will be online this evening.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. sounds great thank you.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

I'll watch for you.

Related Family Law Questions