How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The court ordered an additional -Ostler child support

Customer Question

The court ordered an additional Smith-Ostler child support payment on bonus income of 12% for my two children a few years ago. Now, one child is 20 years of age. Can I withhold 6% of the bonus income now that my oldest child is over 18 and no longer a high school student? Btw, I reside in California. Thanks.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
I will be happy to answer your question.
Please note that any information is provided for educational purposes only!

Was the child support payment terminated by the court for your oldest child by the court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
However, child support payments have ceased.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Was your child support taken out from you automatically by the state and it has stopped for the older child?