How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19664
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been missing mos. He is behind on property taxes

Customer Question

My son has been missing for 18 mos. He is behind on property taxes and is being billed 8000 dollars in utilities. How do I get control of his property and finances rectify his finacial obligations.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Could you explain a little more?

Have you filed a missing person's report?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
feb 2015
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

You need to go to Courthouse where his property is located and filed Petition to take over his property in order to pay property taxes and all related expenses to maintain the property. You need to attach a copy of your Police Report to your petition to take over control of the property. If you do not already have a copy of your Police Report, you need to go to the Police Station and request for a copy.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.