How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you feel like a family court judge has not been fair in a

Customer Question

if you feel like a family court judge has not been fair in a custody decision, how can you get a different judge? we have provided evidence against the mother of the child showing she's unfit to have the child, she's been caught in several lies in court, she was living with a well known meth dealer, meth maker,meth user,he has endangered a well fair of a miner, we had witnesses to prove it,the judge says it's hear say, now the mother is wanting to move about 3 hours from babies dad,what can we do? it's court ordered by the judge for the meth dealer not to be around the child, she's lying saying she's not with him but she is ,I don't know what to do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

A party who seeks to disqualify a KY judge may base its motion on Ky. Rev. Stat. §26A.015. See subsections (2)(a) and (e). When a disqualification motion has been filed in Kentucky, the challenged judge is without jurisdiction to proceed further in the matter until the Chief Justice of the Kentucky Supreme Court acts or a special judge is appointed to decide the matter.

As an alternative, you may file an affidavit seeking disqualification under Ky. Rev. Stat.§26A.020. If you do not believe that you will receive a fair trial, you can file an affidavit with the appropriate circuit court clerk. The circuit clerk shall at once certify the facts to the Chief Justice who shall immediately review the facts and determine whether to designate a regular or retired justice or judge of the Court of Justice as special judge.

Related Family Law Questions