How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42235
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex informed me that s common law wife will be picking up

Customer Question

My ex informed me that his common law wife will be picking up my son at our meeting spot. I have never formally met this woman. Can I refuse to meet at the drop off point unless my ex is there or is this considered custodial interference?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

Check your visitation orders, normally they only mention the other parent not the designee.You would tell him that you will appear but not relinquish child to another person.The orders do not normally allow for this, so check them.Then I suggest if you have told him this and the third party shows you refuse to release the child to her.Try to avoid this if you can and document that, talk to child ahead of time and tell them you have told the father and see if he resolves this.Otherwise you go and make child available, don't have to turn them over here, assuming your orders do not provide for father or his designee--but rather father only here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.