How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I 't know what to do. I flee from ks city to my cousin in

Customer Question

hi I don't know what to do. I flee from ks city to my cousin in Oregon three months ago
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: because of his aggressiveness, however my husband just filled a divorce paper
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I don't have an attorney yet and I don't know what to do
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: he lives and filled in Kansas city
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is it that you need to know?

2. Did you bring a child of the marriage with you?

3. Have you been served with the lawsuit for divorce yet?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what if I don't want to be divorce now what should I do? and I don't have kids.
1-I need to know how to respond to the court summons notice that has an action against me under ksa 60-212
the petitioner has provided inaccurate information, he was not truthful in the petitioner's domestic relations affidavit for divorce form. under question 17 he is stating that my jewelry is a property that we both acquired during marriage, while the reality its a gift from my parent before marriage and (my dowry that is listed in contract of marriage) that is not in any how part of his property.
so what type of form if there is any to respond to the court
2- since he file for the divorce in Kansas, do I need to hire an attorney in Kansas or it can be from Oregon State
3- do I need to be in person in Kansas city or I can respond while I am in Oregon. if I can be in Oregon then how to respond
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

Given the lateness of the hour, I will get back with you in the morning.

Have a great night,


Related Family Law Questions