How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If someone wants to serve custody papers to a resin that is

Customer Question

If someone wants to serve custody papers to a resin that is out of the country can it be done on Facebook? Is this legal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

It may be possible if there is no other means to establish service but one typically needs to seek permission of the courts to do so. When I say no other means, it includes making sure that you have complied with any treaties signed between the two countries involved on the issue of international service of process.

Related Family Law Questions