Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have sole custody of my 14yr old daughter. My ex has

Customer Question
visitation that he seldom ever...
I have sole custody of my 14yr old daughter. My ex has visitation that he seldom ever uses. Our judgement is out of Oregon even though we both live in CA because he's military and has kept Oregon as him home of record and we always planned on moving back there. I am moving back there. I have a letter from him stating that he is aware of the move and he is willing to work out a new visitation schedule outside of court. I don't know what to do in regards ***** ***** the court? I sent a letter and a copy of his letter like I was told to do, and they have no record of it. So....what now? Just resend the letter and move?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
7/6/2016
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
One would need to file a stipulation, basically an agreement modifying the decree. It needs to be signed by both parents. If the court approves it, which they generally due, they will convert it to a court order. The proper court is the court that issued the original order. One can simultaneously address child support issues in that stipulation.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I file the stipulation once I get there? I can't do it from CA

It can actually be mailed into the clerk's office if one wanted to get it on record quickly. Some counties have online e-filing-this varies by county, and sometimes even department.

Checking in on the above;

Thank you for using Just Answer.

This information is for educational purposes only. Only a personal attorney can provide legal advice (as opposed to legal information) to their client, after a personal meeting so they can become acquainted with all of the facts. My services are a cost effective way to obtain information not advice.

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer