How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9908
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have sole custody of my 14yr old daughter. My ex has

Customer Question

I have sole custody of my 14yr old daughter. My ex has visitation that he seldom ever uses. Our judgement is out of Oregon even though we both live in CA because he's military and has kept Oregon as him home of record and we always planned on moving back there. I am moving back there. I have a letter from him stating that he is aware of the move and he is willing to work out a new visitation schedule outside of court. I don't know what to do in regards ***** ***** the court? I sent a letter and a copy of his letter like I was told to do, and they have no record of it. So....what now? Just resend the letter and move?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
One would need to file a stipulation, basically an agreement modifying the decree. It needs to be signed by both parents. If the court approves it, which they generally due, they will convert it to a court order. The proper court is the court that issued the original order. One can simultaneously address child support issues in that stipulation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I file the stipulation once I get there? I can't do it from CA
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

It can actually be mailed into the clerk's office if one wanted to get it on record quickly. Some counties have online e-filing-this varies by county, and sometimes even department.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Checking in on the above;

Thank you for using Just Answer.

This information is for educational purposes only. Only a personal attorney can provide legal advice (as opposed to legal information) to their client, after a personal meeting so they can become acquainted with all of the facts. My services are a cost effective way to obtain information not advice.

Related Family Law Questions