How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Try to find a who handle divorce cases who stand by there

Customer Question

try to find a who handle divorce cases who stand by there person that THEY REPRESENT
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you had a poor experience with your attorney, and for this I apologize. Much like the general population, there are good, bad and middling attorneys out there.

At Just Answer, we can't recommend a specific attorney, and we can't represent you, but I can tell you that if you feel like your attorney did you wrong in representing you, you can contact the Alabama State Bar and file a complaint:

If you and your attorney just didn't get along, you are fully able to hire a different attorney. Some good questions to ask in the initial consult are:

Are you familiar with ex's attorney?

How does the Judge in my case usually rule in these areas? Are you familiar with this Judge? Are my requests reasonable, or am I asking for too much? (remember, cases are usually not completely "won" by one party or the other. Usually there's some compromise involved.)

Asking if your expectations are reasonable up front can keep you from being disappointed in the end. An attorney who promises or guarantees that you'll win is probably just after your retainer, because no attorney can predict the future. Look for an attorney that will be honest and practical with you. You can use a site like to ask questions and get responses from local attorneys in your area.