How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Daughter married to guy in military, doesn't want to cause

Customer Question

daughter married to guy in military, doesn't want to cause harm to his career but wants out of the married due to his abusive behaviors (sexual/physical & mental) & what do I need to do to help her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Has she sought an attorney yet for a divorce? Has she moved out?

What state is she in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, to the your questions. I don't expect questions in place of an answer...forgive me I am not trying to be rude. They have children less than 3 yrs of age; soon to be moving to NC.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Please understand how this site works. I do not know anything about the whole situation and as such I cannot provide you proper information unless you give me the information and I will NOT ASSUME anything. So you have to tell me the information I need and you are not being charged for each response, but this is a back and forth process (which many customers do not understand). If you are not willing to engage in that back and forth process and tell us more information so we can give you an informed response based on her exact situation, which is the same any local attorney would require from you to make sure they were aware of the whole situation, then we cannot assist you with the information you are seeking nor could any reasonable local attorney.
So please be patient and reply to the questions, because that is the only way we can know the whole situation. Thank you for understanding that.
Okay, so she has not sought an attorney or moved out. Is she willing to do those things, because without her being willing all your efforts will be meaningless?
Also, you said they are moving to NC soon, but what state is she in now, because that is where divorce would have to be filed or it would have to be filed in the state she claims as residence as a spouse of a military member?
Again, you are not charged for each reply and only are charged when we are done and you leave positive feedback.

Related Family Law Questions