How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 33 year old daughter is pregnant out of wedlock second

Customer Question

my 33 year old daughter is pregnant out of wedlock for the second time. My granddaughter is 5. My daughter has an extensive criminal record, the latest a DWI while my granddaughter was in the car. I would like to have legal custody of my granddaughter as her mother is mentally ill, is in therapy but, has suffered from severe post partum depression
JA: Custody issues can be tough for everyone involved. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. The attorneys can certainly help with this, and I'd love to connect you with the one who's the best match.
Customer: ok
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no getting free advice first
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: she still has 5 criminal offenses listed on her record. there is so much he/she will have to ask me questions
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) Has the granddaughter lived with you for an extended period of time? Is she living with you now?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Related Family Law Questions