Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My friend thinks he the father of a baby that the mother

Customer Question
died after giving birth they...
my friend thinks he the father of a baby that the mother died after giving birth they were just friends and he wants to get paternaty test to see if the baby is his how can he do this
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
7/3/2016
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, the first step would be to hire an experienced local child custody attorney and to have this attorney help your friend file a Petition to Establish Paternity, in the family court that is local to where the baby is residing now.

Once the petition is filed, then the court will order a paternity test and if the baby turns out to be your friend's biological child, then you friend would be able to pursue petition for child custody / visitation.

You can find an experienced and skilled local child custody law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to child custody law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law