mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

My late husband had somebody come by looking several years

Customer Question

My late husband had somebody come by looking for him several years ago before he himself passed on,about a supposed relative who had died and might had been related to him, and might had left some money to him. I was told a few years ago right after my late husband passed that it might be possible to find out if that was the case and if any more of the money is still available. Do you have somebody there who can help with that. I had not had the money previously to follow up on it, but I do now.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,I will try to best answer your question.If you believe there may be assets your late husband was entitled to your best bet would be to contact Oregon's unclaimed property division. It is a department of a state government. They have a website https://oregonup.us/upweb/up/up_search.aspectsOn this site you can do a search under his last name or also the relative you think may have left him assets. If you are able to look at any assets that may be available you can contact the Oregon state government unclaimed property Department and they can advise you as to how to proceed to recover the same.
I hope this information is helpful and that you are successful in locating some assets. I wish you the best of luck.
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.
Would you please review my response so I will be credited.