How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got an call today cps worker said there's been said my

Customer Question

I got an call today cps worker said there's been said my kids Re hungry all all the time but I'm tired of the cps they was calling me for years all bogus lies from family she hasn't talk to me yet. But I in another state what could they do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Cps has very authority to take action which can range from requiring parents to comply with specific requirements set by the CPS to filing and pursuing petition for termination of parental right in some cases.

Do you have a more specific legal question that I can answer for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I need to know we've not been interviewed nor have talked to kids I'm pretty sure there bogus lies from family members they I've been keeping my where I live under my hat me and my daughter had court case and the guy got 30. Year for what he did but we are being stalked harassed nasty phone call and etc so I was telling anyone where I lived it mad him mad. And HD called cps now I'm out of state what can I do to keep them out of my life
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, in Texas, in order for a couple to be considered to be common law husband and wife, it is not sufficient to live as husband and wife, but also evidence and eyewitnesses would have to exist, who can testify under oath, that the couple was not known to be engaged, but rather presented themselves as husband and wife and I am afraid that generally, unless such evidence exist, it would be close to impossible to prove that common law marriage existed, especially after one of the fiancee is deceased.

Unfortunately, fiancee generally would not have any right to any estate or any of the deceased or any of the deceased personal belongings, unless there is a valid Will which states that fiancee was to receive certain assets after the death and Texas law does give all of the personal belongings / assets of the deceased (who died without a Will) to the closest blood relative, if the deceased was not legally married.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.