JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

Now that you ask I do have a quick question. The mother of

Customer Question

Hi, This is Alfonso, now that you ask I do have a quick question. The mother of my child stated that she didn't want or need any of my child support help I offered. That being said 2 years have past by. I really want to do something legal about it so in the future she won't be able to go to court and say I never offered her any type of help. I just don't know how or what should I do ?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Dallas Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet I did want to speak to the mother first .
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Thats really everything I did offer help she did stated she didn't need or want my help. I do have messages stating that from her.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, This is Alfonso, now that you ask I do have a quick question. The mother of my child stated that she didn't want or need any of my child support help I offered. That being said 2 years have past by. I really want to do something legal about it so in the future she won't be able to go to courtand say I never offered her any type of help. I just don't know how or what should I do ?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

You probably want to file an action for Paternity. That will enable a court to find that you are the father but then the court is also likely to order that you pay child support. However, it is the only way to do what you are suggesting.

In addition, if she is drawing any kind of aid for the child, such as WIC, AFDC, or Medicaid, you will eventually be sued by the state so if you get the judge to go ahead and issue an order for a minimal amount of child support it will stop the state from asking for more than that and asking for an arrearage.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.