How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lived in VA years, before I returned to my native country.

Customer Question

I lived in VA for 30 years , before I returned to my native country.
I came to appeal a civil matter, and I am told that I cannot get legal aid.
I live below the poverty line, all I get is SS.
What can I do to get pro bono help in my matter ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You generally aren't eligible for legal aid within a state if you're not a citizen/resident of that state. So, you're going to be left with the option of contacting the state bar association and ask for help locating a pro bono lawyer that could assist you. Any lawyer can do pro bono it is just a matter of locating one to help you.