How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In South Carolina a cps representative is trying to

Customer Question

In South Carolina a cps representative is trying to interview my 6 year is Friday evening my lawyer will not be available until Monday morning. Altho I have nothing to hide. They are not my friends and I don't think it's wise without the presence of my lawyer. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

You are correct, this is not wise to speak to these individuals without your attorney present, and you are not required to speak to them (nor are you required to allow them to speak to your child, or allow them into your home).

Only a police officer can come into your home, and they can only come into your home with a warrant (signed by a judge).

Similarly, only a police officer can take your child from your home (again requiring either a signed court order, or the police officer actually witnessing an immediate danger to your child).

Do not sign anything presented to you by these individuals (the scope and the presentation of these documents in future legal proceedings can be extremely detrimental to your case - regardless as to what these case workers may say).

If a case worker threatens you or tries to push past you, you are entitled to contact law enforcement yourself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service (the series of 5 stars next to the chat window) so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.


Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer, I do not participate in the phone call program for the site, however, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions. (If you have questions about these additional services, you can contact our customer service at: