How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Taylor Your Own Question
Taylor, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 244
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lawyer quit after submitting several Agreed Orders. She

Customer Question

My lawyer quit after submitting several Agreed Orders. She did not tell me she was going to quit until after she submitted them. Is there a way I can rescind these orders?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Taylor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i would be happy to help you. You are curious how to rescind the agreed orders that the prior attorney filed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I am currently without representation and feel having these orders outstanding put me in a serious deficit position financially and strategically. they were originally filed Apr. 14, 2016, and husband has been saying he wants to handle things between ourselves for weeks, and has not put anything on table, yet.

Expert:  Taylor replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately those orders are with you and the suit as long as the suit is filed. You could consider filing a dismissal w/o prejudice and then you have another year to refile and start the case a new. Does that make sense? I would consider hiring a local attorney to review your case as these things are difficult and i always suggest an attorney helps!

Expert:  Taylor replied 1 year ago.

i would be happy to help with any further questions. If you are satisfied, i would greatly appreciate a positive rating! thanks for using JA and remember i am only compensated by JA after your positive rating.

Related Family Law Questions