How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2130
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother in law is a medically discharged veteran. He was

Customer Question

My brother in law is a medically discharged veteran. He was married just over a year ago. His plan since he has been home from AFG to get discharged and move from TX back home to Michigan where he would attend college. He and his wife moved from el paso to near dallas with her family for a month as the final paperwork was being processed. She is pregnant and due in September. When he went to move up to the house he had rented in Michigan, she did not come with him. He is obviously very upset, but has to move to get skills to work and provide for his family. She has a 3 year old with another man, how is not in the picture. It appears that she is cheating on him as well with another woman. What rights does he have to get full custody of his unborn child?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I will tell you it is very hard for him to get full custody of a newborn child. The first three years courts in Texas strongly prefer mothers for custody. His only chance is if he can prove she is a threat to the child such as proof of drug abuse or criminal conduct.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions otherwise a positive rating is appreciated

Related Family Law Questions