How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118747
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandchildren are in care, I thought they would be better

Customer Question

My grandchildren are in foster care, I thought they would be better placed with my brother. I now believe they should come back to me. If daughter loses case I want to adopt them. How do I get them returned to me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my foster care license and my brother does also. I didn't think I was the best choice for the children but I feel me and my husband are after all!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone number(###) ###-####
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You are going to need a local attorney to intervene in your daughter's case if you are seeking to adopt the children and you would need to file a motion in your daughter's case to make the decision to allow a family adoption or family placement with you. This will require you to present evidence that your brother's care is not in the best interests of the children, unless your brother is willing to allow you to take custody of the children back. The court is going to insist on an attorney being involved because they will want to insure the interests of the children are protected in this type of situation.
Phone service is an additional fee and I will send you an offer if you would like to accept it or we can continue here in this forum without the additional fee by you using "REPLY."
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there? Did you have any further questions for us about this matter?