How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118254
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter and her children lived with me all their

Customer Question

my daughter and her children lived with me all their lives,my daughter was killed.the father of the children signed legal guardianship over to me the maternal grandmother how do i now get guardianship from a court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Legal Discussion by Email. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Guardianship from the court will require you to file a petition for guardianship over the minor and their property. The father, who signed guardianship over to you, will have to be served the copy of the petition and has a chance to appear in court as well. The reason an attorney is necessary is the court wants to make sure the rights of the minors are protected.
You said you filed the paperwork already with the court, so I am not sure what your further question is about this matter and as such, if you have follow up questions please use reply and be more specific about what you are asking.