How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117420
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok so my wife moved to the U.S. With her boyfriend. We were

Customer Question

Ok so my wife moved to the U.S. With her boyfriend. We were living in the Domincan Republic where she filed for divorce. She left with my son without my permission. My wife and I are both residents of Florida. She is now pregnant by her boyfriend and wants to stay in the U.S. How long can he stay in the U.S.? He is advertising for work but I believe this is illegal. I want my son back is all. Help please
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
He can stay for 90 days without a resident visa on his visitor visa. He cannot work without some form of work visa and if he does he is violating the US immigration law. If he is caught working or overstaying his tourist visa, he will be deported and will be barred from entry into the US for up to 10 years.