How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27214
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband had s visitation rights suspended due to some

Customer Question

My ex husband had his visitation rights suspended due to some mental health issues and for the safety of my children. Since the court hearing, he has been stable. If I let him see the children what happens to the court order? Would it become null and void? If he takes me back to court to have his visitation re-instated without following all the court orders, what happens?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. The court order is still in effect and controls. As such, you can not overrule the Judges order and allow him visitation when it has been suspended. In a situation like this, he would need to go back to court and seek to have the order modified. He would likely need to be re-evalauted and show the Judge that the mental health issue have been resolved and he is now stable. If the court is convinced of this, they can reinstate his visitation. You are taking a risk of violating the court order by allowing him to see the children, which you do not want to do.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know.