Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
20355756

I have California cps coming to my home tomorrow because of

Customer Question

I have California cps coming to my home tomorrow because of a tip that mine and my family's safety and well being are in danger.
Do i have to let them in my home?
Do i have to let them speak to my children? Do I have to drug test?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont want to look like i have something to hide but I dont want to waive any rights. I have an 8month old baby and other children. My house is clean and safe. I do have a criminal past involving drugs. I have dealt with cps before and i know that they are evil and lie. I dont want to seem rude or disrespectful but i want my family to have rights and not worry
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

If you do not let them in they will come back later today with a court order and they just might remove the children from the home because they have the absolute power to do that and then you find yourself in court fighting to get your kids back. Your best bet with these people is to cooperate as much as you can and tell them whatever you can as far as it is helpful to get the case closed. Get your house as cleaned up and tidy as possible as well as your children -- you want to try to look at close to the "perfect" fAMILY as you can, You do have to let them talk to your children but you can insist that you be present and you can take a video on your cellphone of each interview (simply tell the worker that you have heard horror stories about child manipulation and you are simply protecting yoursellf and your family. If the worker objects, tell the worker you will keep him or her out of the video and aim it at your child alone)

-

You want to be as up front and friendly as possible but because of your prior involvement you beleive that the vide of each child interview is important, and if you have nothing to hide right now, you can volunteer for a drug test if that is what they are really after (again, that is up to you). You should also question them to try to determine why they are at your door again and what you can do to make sure that they are not a part of your lives again. I doubt that they will come to any kind of decision today regarding your kids so long as they are clean and fed and the house is in good condition, but you should keep our website handy for future reference in case you need any answers on anything that they propose to do from this point forward. Right now, you have to grit your teeth and make it look like a grin so it seems that you are cooperating and they might go away for a while anyway. By cooperating in this manner it does not mean that you are giving up any of your legal rights later if it comes to having to get into a war with these people to get your children returned to you (which bridge I hope you do not have to cross)!!

-

I hope that helps. Please press a positive rating above in the star rating section so I will be paid for my time assisting you tonight. I am paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating above.. If you press a positive rating today so that I receive credit and payment for my time, you can come into this question for the next 6 months and ask any additional follow up questions on this matter for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. So if they return and you want to speak with me on this some more, I am happy to help. THANK YOU VERY MUCH