How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to go to court on Thursday and got an email from my

Customer Question

i have to go to court on Thursday and got an email from my attorneys today saying that they will not be there if i dont come up with money. we don't have any money.. my house is in foreclosure. and the judge wanted to dismiss the cases because we cant afford to get divorce. but my so to be x wants to go ahead with it.. If I go to court on Thursday by myself . and tell the judge and show him my email. will it get dismiss or rescheduled.. what do i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you owe money to your attorney for services provided?

Are you planning to hire another local attorney?

Please clarify.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they want 1,700.. no i cant afford another attorney...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im a stay home mom with 3 kids..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you help me
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

I can provide you with a general answer to a legal question, if you can clearly state what is your legal question about the situation you have described?

Please note we do not provide any type of legal service or legal advice, as such can only be provided by your local attorney.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you?