How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been paying child support years. My son graduated

Customer Question

I have been paying child support for two years. My son graduated from high school on June 3, 2016 and he turned 18 on September 21, 2016. The divorce decree required me to pay child support until he turned 18 and graduated from high school. What do I need to do to ensure that the automatic child support payments will be discontinued? I printed out a request for the termination of child support (Texas) forms and filled them out and sent them to the district court where the divorce decree was signed by the district judge. I called the clerk for the judge and she asked if there was a place for the judge to sign on the forms that I mailed in. There isn't a place for the judge to sign. The forms that I sent in to terminate child support have been file stamped and received by the district court. Is this all that I need to do? Thank you, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Did the clerk realize that your son has yet to turn 18?

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, are you still with me?

Related Family Law Questions