How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've just gone through a process where my brothers made some

Customer Question

I've just gone through a process where my brothers made some totally untrue statements about my character in a Trust related lawsuit. The way they phrased the statements was through innuendo. I want to put them on notice that should they repeat those allegations in any way that they should be expecting legal actions in reply. My question: I intend to state my complete denial of their claims in a carefully worded letter, to be sent by registered mail to each of them, signature required. Will that do what I intend? Or should I do something else?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if you are wanting them to cease making defamatory and false statements about you, a letter warning them of your intention to take action if they keep defaming you is sufficient.