How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lawyer wants to file a speedy Divorce asking support and

Customer Question

My lawyer wants to file a speedy Divorce asking for child support and maintenance. He said we can always go back and amend. I'm concerned before I sign that my attorney made
no mention of half my husbands retirement plan since we've been married 26 years. Can my attorney modify after the divorce and add the retirement that I'm entitled to?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I think being silent on the retirement account would hurt your case. While divorce decrees can be amended, judges usually only allow it when there has been a change in circumstances. I would recommend addressing it in the present case.

Related Family Law Questions