How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42172
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I find m in contempt of court. I have proof it's clearly

Customer Question

Can I find him in contempt of court. I have proof it's clearly stated in final divorce papers signed and certified by judge.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You can motion for contempt if the other party has not complied with the court orders.The court can jail him, fine him , including legal fees and costs, and other sanctions.This sounds like you have clear violations and can seek contempt here in Family Court.You have great facts since there is a clear violation.

You can motion yourself pro se or have local lawyer do it and seek legal fees at the hearing.You have a real good chance to prevail since he clearly violated the court orders.

I appreciate the chance to help and I hope you will consider a return to court on a motion for contempt.