How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm the father of my 8 year old son I have had m with me

Customer Question

Hello. I'm the father of my 8 year old son I have had him with me for almost five years ,, his mother is in prison ,, but will get out next year ,, I would like to have sole custody of my so. How can I do this ? I do not want my son to be around her he don't ever remember her ,, she was involved in a murder ,,, I'm scared she can get out and take him ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Is there an existing court order establishing paternity or relating to custody?

Are you married to the mother?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there's nothing ever been court ordered , yes I have never got a divorce .
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Do you want a divorce?

Related Family Law Questions