Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I would like to have an annulment and Nevada law would

Customer Question
prevail. My husband wants to...
I would like to have an annulment and Nevada law would prevail. My husband wants to claim fraud based on my hiding being an escort from him prior to the marriage. However I recently found out I am pregnant and my husband would be the father (pregnancy happened after the marriage). Is there any way to still file for an annulment?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
6/25/2016
Family Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Dear Customer,

It is possible to get an annulment in Nevada. Nevada has one of the more expansive annulment statutes of any of the 50 states, but you still must determine whether or not your marriage qualifies.

Here is a link to the Southern Nevada Legal Aid site (there is self help information here that can assist you with an annulment if you find that your marriage does qualify, although given your summary of facts, you may want to retain an attorney anyway): http://www.familylawselfhelpcenter.org/self-help/annulment/overview-of-annulment/44-grounds-for-annulment-in-nevada

Here is another article which discusses this in a little more detail, and helps discuss what an attorney can help provide you with: https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/annulment-in-nevada---its-easier-than-you-think

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney