How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41019
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I adopted my brothers kids from, DC and we moved to Florida.

Customer Question

I adopted my brothers kids from Washington, DC and we moved to Florida. This was done through CPS which he volunteer gave up his parental right. Also, we made a agreement on the side that as long as I say so he can see his kids. I had them for 5 years and I decided to let him send the kids to school this past year. He done such a good job with them I want to give him back his kids. I live in Florida and he lives in Washington, D.C.
How can we do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

He would need to file for adoption here where he is located.The parental rights were terminated here so an adoption is needed.He will need a Washington DC lawyer and lawyer will prepare a consent and waiver of service for you to sign.This is not something he can do on is own he will need a lawyer.It is tricky sine his rights were terminated once.

Lawyer referral

The children will need to return to DC for the hearing here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and the best to all here..

Related Family Law Questions