How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41004
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My X husband and wife to be were in a magazine with my

Customer Question

My X husband and wife to be were in a magazine with my children. Photos were taken of my children and interviews conducted involving my children. My children were instructed by the wife to be not to tell me. I am the custodial parent and the majority of the joint custody is spent with me. My question is, do they need my permission/consent to do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You should write the magazine here expressly stating that you are the custodial parent and you did not consent to the publication of the pictures and the article.If they publish the pictures you may have right to sue here in Texas for invasion of your privacy and those of your children.Your ex does not have legal authority to make such decisions without you.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has told me he doesn't need my permission to put them in a magazine. Apparently that's what his lawyer told him.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

I would submit your letter or email to these guys, it wouldn't take much to kbosh this.Send them a copy of our custody orders snd put them on notice here.I think you can still back these guys off, mention invasion of their privacy.Thats a civil cause of action for damages here.

Related Family Law Questions