Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My X husband and wife to be were in a magazine with my

Customer Question
children. Photos were taken of...
My X husband and wife to be were in a magazine with my children. Photos were taken of my children and interviews conducted involving my children. My children were instructed by the wife to be not to tell me. I am the custodial parent and the majority of the joint custody is spent with me. My question is, do they need my permission/consent to do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
6/24/2016
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You should write the magazine here expressly stating that you are the custodial parent and you did not consent to the publication of the pictures and the article.If they publish the pictures you may have right to sue here in Texas for invasion of your privacy and those of your children.Your ex does not have legal authority to make such decisions without you.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He has told me he doesn't need my permission to put them in a magazine. Apparently that's what his lawyer told him.

I would submit your letter or email to these guys, it wouldn't take much to kbosh this.Send them a copy of our custody orders snd put them on notice here.I think you can still back these guys off, mention invasion of their privacy.Thats a civil cause of action for damages here.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer