How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13890
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child lives in Nashville,TN and looking to do

Customer Question

My child lives in Nashville,TN and looking to do emancipation and child is already 18yrs. Of he automatically emancipated? And I have already filled out emancipation forms to have him emancipated he doesn't live with his mother so what rights does he have as well?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you.

At 18, a child is considered a legal adult; when you speak of emancipation it refers to petitioning the court to give adult status to a minor. In terms of child support (if that is an issue) Tennessee law states that support ends at 18, or when a child graduates high school, whichever is later.

Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars,as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating.Thank you!

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Was there any additional information I could provide you about your question?