How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41009
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The judge has given temporary guardianship of my son to s

Customer Question

The judge has given temporary guardianship of my son to his aunt. I pay child support. I want and have always wanted Parental Rights but couldn't find his mother to have APR papers served. So I haven't seen my son in almost 2 1/2 years. He doesn't know me. So even though I don't consent to the guardianship. In the best interest of the child the judge granted temp. Guardianship. And sounds like it will become permenant after 60 days... Asked to see him numerous times. With no response. How do I get my APR through the courts so I don't loose him... So I can have Parenting time, decision making ect.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

Your best bet here is to contact the court and get copy of her application and file your own here.As a parent you have priority. You can pretty much copy her application and modify it to your name and submit it here.

The court has not given her permanent guardianship to allow you a chance to make your own application.You would need to then appear at scheduled hearing and make your claim for guardianship.

You ought to at least get court ordered visitation if not guardianship.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Here is the application form, you just get court and case number ***** the papers you were served.Sign it and file it here with court asap.

Related Family Law Questions