How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pearl. I have a friend that I work with who lives in

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl. I have a friend that I work with who lives in Ecuador. He is an argentinian citizen and has a green card by marriage to his Ecuadorian wife. His wife told him she wants a divorce today and wants custody of their four year old daughter who he adores. What are his rights regarding custody. He plans to continue to pay for the daughter's private school and their apartment.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: They live in Quito
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I am just a friend, but he seems extremely distraught and I am trying to help him.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: If there is, I don't know it. It is possible there is more to the story, but he is not telling me. Why?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

He is going to need a local attorney to represent him.

He can find child custody and divorce attorneys in Quito listed at and

The Civil Code provisions on this start at Article 105.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.