N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

Pearl. I have a friend that I work with who lives in

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl. I have a friend that I work with who lives in Ecuador. He is an argentinian citizen and has a green card by marriage to his Ecuadorian wife. His wife told him she wants a divorce today and wants custody of their four year old daughter who he adores. What are his rights regarding custody. He plans to continue to pay for the daughter's private school and their apartment.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: They live in Quito
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I am just a friend, but he seems extremely distraught and I am trying to help him.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: If there is, I don't know it. It is possible there is more to the story, but he is not telling me. Why?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

He is going to need a local attorney to represent him.

He can find child custody and divorce attorneys in Quito listed at https://www.hg.org/law-firms/child-custody-and-visitation/ecuador/quito.html and

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/quito/153436/ACS/Attorney-list.pdf

The Civil Code provisions on this start at Article 105.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.