How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer to file paperwork with the Family Court

Customer Question

I need a lawyer to file paperwork with the Family Court South County Division Sand Diego.
I represented myself a few weeks ago (June 8) and it has come to my attention that the mothers attorney provided me with documents which may not match what was filed with the court. the filing of the new court order seems to have been intentionally delayed, my daughters mother changed/ cancelled visitation for fathers day due to her schedule and refuses to discuss a regular phone time for communicating with my daughter. I was treated very poorly by family court services mediator who refused to accept anything other than accusations made by the mother. I have a letter from a psychologist that needs to be filed in accordance with the new court order and it completely contradicts the reasoning for the letter to be required in the first place. I want peace for my daughter more than I care about custody but I have not represented myself well.
At the very least the letter needs to be properly filed asap. I would like someone to confirm that the documents I have recieved from the mothers attorney match what the court recieved and advise on whether or not an appeal should be filed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Unfortunately, JustAnswer experts cannot take customers on as clients. I can help you find an attorney via a local referral service. And/or, I can provide some pro bono / low cost leads in California if funds are an issue.

Would this be acceptable?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The refferals would be appreciated. cost is not as much of an issue as it was before. I do need to find someone asap though. Please send referrals directly to e-mail if possible.***@******.***.
Thank you,
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.


Thank you, ***** ***** I can only use this medium to correspond and cannot email.

May I recommend the San Diego Bar referral program -(###) ###-#### The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP. You want to ask for someone who has been practicing for 5 or more years.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.