How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Child support arrears and moving to a different state, I am

Customer Question

Child support arrears and moving to a different state
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am from West Virginia and what seem to be a reality show I didn't find out about a child until two here's after they were born
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: The person she thought was the father wanted to adopt him and with not being able to have a connection and the circumstances it was a hard decision but the best one I thought and he was adopted in 2005, I have been moved to Virginia in the year 2001 I got married and have four children of my own
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Since my situation has changed I'm single and employed in the year 2000 now I am married with four children so the circumstances have changed but since I'm only paying careers the state of Virginia is not allowing me to make a different payment they are demanding I make the same payment I did 16 years ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Can you please clarify your question for us, it is a bit hard to understand from what you typed above?