Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I found out my husband took 10,000 dollars from s retirement

Customer Question

I found out my husband took 10,000 dollars from his retirement and hid it in a separate account.He only told me when I filed for divorce on June 6.Now,three days ago he bought a truck without my consent or knowledge.What are my rights?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean by "what are my rights"?

Are you asking if you can ask the divorce court to consider that $10K when they divide the marital estate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He bought the truck when there was a restraining order against incurring further debt.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

SOrry...what is your question ma'am? Are you asking if the court can consider this $10K ?

If not, what is your question please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excuse me ,but did you not read the rest of the question?And why are you asking me about the money when you stated your 18 years experience?Is that money part of what I am entitled to?And I don't appreciate being talked down to when I am paying for this service!!!!How is he allowed to make large purchases with a restraining order in place.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Ma'am I am not sure why you are so frustrated. But I certainly apologize for anything I may have typed that caused it.

I was simply trying to understand your specific question.

You never mentioned a restraining order prior to your last response...is there a restraining order in place? If so what does it provide?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Check back to 12:03 answer!
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you
And did this action incur a "debt"? That is, did he take out a loan or promise to pay as part of this transaction?