Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My ex wife is looking for more child support after losing her alimony, i received a letter from her attorny...

Customer Question
my ex wife is looking...
my ex wife is looking for more child support after losing her alimony, i received a letter from her attorny, she just recently got re married. do i have to answer her petition? or do i have to fight it with a attorny of my own?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
6/19/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, an answer/response needs to be filed, if she has sought the modification through the court. You can do this on your own or retain legal counsel, so it is at your sole discretion. Child support is based upon the needs of the children and the fact that she remarried and lost her alimony, is not a basis to modify and increase your support. In this case, her new husband will not have to support her, instead of you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer