How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12405
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the Grandfather of a 16 and '15 year old girls in

Customer Question

I am the Grandfather of a 16 and `15 year old girls in Memphis, TN. They have called me asking for help. I have first hand knowledge of these children being abused by their stepmom and my son supports her in the abuse. The Mother have cried wolf on numerous occasions the and system don't put in faith when they cry out for help. They are constantly being threaten with being placed in foster care or juvenile court charges. They are at point that they would prefer to be placed in foster care than live under those abusive condition. What rights do I have as a grandparent or what legal steps to take help remove these children out of this situation
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

My suggestion is that you contact the Tennessee Department of Children Services:

Call the Child Abuse Hotline to report child abuse or neglect in the State of Tennessee. (###) ###-####/p>

Reports also can be made online:

Once you report the abuse, there will be an investigation, and the children may very well be taken from the home.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.