Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

In Louisiana if a woman is pregnant in prison failed drug

Customer Question
test in court arrested multiple...
In Louisiana if a woman is pregnant in prison failed drug test in court arrested multiple times in couple of parishes for theft/ possession of schedule 1 heroin/ destroying public record etc. I'm the grandmother and have 3 year old child. I've supported this child since birth mom lied under oath etc. my adoption was denied. WHY?? She's been a drug addict since her teens and now is 26. At birth child had withdrawals from opiate. Lungs not fully developed was on oxygen. WHY is it that judges can not make right decisions. She never cared for this child now pregnant by another guy in prison looking a prison time. It's sad situation. But I strongly feel just because she's been in prison and has detoxed that should not be accounted for. By the way sorry it was my sons girlfriend. She is a prostitute working out if back page.com. Please respond. This is just unjustifiable??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
6/18/2016
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. I'll be happy to help - but I want you to understand that I can't change the law. The law is what it is and you and I may not like it - but that doesn't change it. You cannot adopt a child unless that child is eligible for adoption and a judge must first take away a parent's rights before their child can be adopted. Your son is just as much a barrier to your grandson being adopted by you as his ex girlfriend. I hope that helps. If there's anything I can clarify for you I'd be happy to do so. I do understand that you're frustrated by this situation, as anyone would be....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you mean son is a barrier as well as girlfriend. I have legal custody.
Ely, Counselor at Law