How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33926
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you report you report the abuse of the power of a CPS

Customer Question

How do you report you report the abuse of the power of a CPS caseworker in Nacogdoches Texas ? I believe that a caseworker has been abusing her power under the guise of the CPS. Is there any way to challenge her actions in Nacogdoches Texas
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, there's not a good way. You can file a written complaint with the local office, just by writing a letter and sending it to the dupervisor, or you can file a complaint through the Office of the Inspector General in Texas at . They usually investigate fraud cases but I have heard of people filing regular complaints with them.

You can also file a complaint through the Attorney General at

However, that is all that can really be done. CPS is really an agency unto themselves and there isn't a lot of oversight.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Here is an article where some CPS workers got into trouble, but it doesn't provide much in the way of help in your situation.