How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been married years and my wife left me 12 days ago to

Customer Question

I have been married for forty years and my wife left me 12 days ago to another state. I am retired and so is she can she clean me OUT. I
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Generally, property is equitably divided between spouses in the event of a divorce......equitable doesn't necessarily mean equal, but that's usually how a court treats the division.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, the court can order you to pay child support if there is proof that your spouse needs supplemental income from you to maintain her current standard of living/monthly obligations.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If she can prove that, it is certainly possible for the judge to order that you provide support to her......however, spousal support is not guaranteed, so the judge would have to award it based on proven need.