How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2185
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is prolonged denial of conjugal rights grounds? maryland,

Customer Question

is prolonged denial of conjugal rights grounds for divorce?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: maryland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: not now but later
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it would fall under a category for fault-based divorce as either desertation or constructive desertation. When considering fault, judges are able to then decide the amount of appropriate support he/she should order.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what if it is the wife who is at fault and she has little or no income, why should I pay support when I am the one who is wronged?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I agree and thus the court will also probably agree if she has deserted the marital relationship she is not entitled to then seek money.