How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Daughters children agest 1 & 3 taken by cps 3 weeks ago.

Customer Question

daughters children agest 1 & 3 taken by cps 3 weeks ago. documents state that mother was not feeding them 1 night and calling them names. report was taken by "someone the cps department knew". alligations are not true. Previous cps case was closed 4/16 after daughter completed 6 months of one-on-one counseling in her home with cps worker on child rearing; drug testing; filing restraining order against boyfriend, etc. Now new case includes domestic violations from last year. court investigator is a cps worker? really? she called 7:00pm the night before the 2nd court date to ask me questions, then didn't turn in her report on time. 2 week delay. Told daughter 2 times now she was going to recommend kids be returned, but then states something else. Never seen such unprofessionalism. This is in Sacramento. Daughter has no money, I have been supporting her and the children. Need help.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: we talked to one which I wasn't happy with and this was before the 1st court date. so we didn't hire her. She kept telling my daughter she has a "bad picker" meaning she picks wrong men. anyway, I didn't think she was listening to my daughter.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: the boyfriend is a sex offender but has the approval to be around his kids. Currently the two (mom and dad) are living in seperate homes but see each other and have a "friendly conduct" restraining order which seems to be working very well. No incidents since November 2015.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly can I answer for you in regards ***** ***** i.e. what is your question?

Related Family Law Questions