How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34065
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my wife and I live in a residence and she files a divorce

Customer Question

If my wife and I live in a residence and she files a divorce can she kick me out if her name is ***** ***** on the deed. I live in Kansas
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Absent an agreement or court order, a spouse may not be forced from the marital home, even if the deed is only in one spouse's name.

That is not to say the spouse in title could not go to court and get such an order, but they could not do it on their own.