How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is it grounds Exparte Order to change custody of

Customer Question

My question is it grounds for an Exparte Order to change custody of my children if their custodial parent is in possession & distribution of Child Pornography ? Do I need a lawyer ?
This c]family law case is in San Bernardino,CA
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.

It depends on the Judge and the situation. If you have reason to believe the children in the home are being exploited, then yes, I'd say that's grounds to try and also grounds to contact the police and CPS immediately. If there is no immediate danger of exploitation, then I'd say possession is grounds to modify, but maybe not grounds for an ex parte order. It will ultimately depend on the Judge. I would definitely advise seeking the help of a lawyer.