How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19141
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an ex wife that filed a fraudulent affidavit of

Customer Question

I have an ex wife that filed a fraudulent affidavit for statement of support owed at the child support office in Florida. Our divorce decree is filed in Virginia court. Can a file a motion to strike the fraudulent affidavit of debt in the Virginia civil court were the divorce decree is. The Florida Child Support Enforcement in Florida are saying that they have asked there attorney to file a motion of contempt based on the fraudulent statement of support owed that my ex filed. I sent the Child support enforcement evidence that the i paid my ex and they adjusted 60,000 of 67000 that she stated on her affidavit b). However, they are trying to enforce the remaining 7000 (passport denial, comptent motion, and IRS intereception). They advised that i would have to go to court to do anything else and immediately start enforcement. Help me. what are my options.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can file Motion with the Virginia Court requesting for relief. Once you file the case, you need to send a notice of your filing to Florida Child Support Enforcement so that they can stop any enforcement against you.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Family Law Questions